The course is designed to provide an insight into the BPR and to help individuals gain a better understanding on how this Regulation will regulate these types of products in the future. It will provide guidance through a combination of taught sessions and practical exercises on developing data packages, undertaking risk assessments and producing biocides dossiers.
The course will include a number of practical examples and will involve delegates working in teams to navigate the regulatory hurdles presented by the BPR.
What will you learn?
- Gain an understanding of the the BPR and its implications for the biocide industry
- Understand what the practical requirements are for developing a dossier
- Formulate regulatory strategies that achieve first class regulatory performance and compliance
- Gain a basic understanding of efficacy, environmental fate, ecotoxicology and toxicology requirements of the the BPR and how these interact
- Recognition of how a strong understanding of the use of a biocidal product is critical in being able to develop a meaningful dossier
- Take away practical advice on how to produce and compile a dossier
Who should attend?
This course will be vital for you if you are involved with biocides either as:
- Active substance manufacturers, with obligations to submit dossiers or manage dossiers through the evaluation process
- Biocidal product formulators who will need to apply for product authorisations
- Regulators who want to gain a greater understanding of the use of biocides
- Academics with interests in the field of biocides, risk assessments and product approvals.